Sunday, November 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
This picture was done just yesterday. I think I will send it to Jacob so he can see that his "Big Sissy" isn't too old for Halloween. I also thought my friend Kat might enjoy this.
A few years ago I was walking through a parking lot with my dad. I stopped to pick up a leaf. It was a beautiful red leaf, small and gorgeous. Dad made fun of me, and I am sure if I was home with him he would continue to harrass me. He does it all in fun though. My dad's amazing. Just the other day I was walking through a parking lot and I saw another leaf. It took all my energy to not stop and pick it up. I regret that I didn't.
When we were younger we used to go to the Apple Orchard, and with a bunch of friends spend a day collecting apples, and making cider. That fresh cider will never be outdone. There is nothing like fresh cider, part of it might be because we were all freezing though. :) So yummy. I wish I could have some right now, but will have to settle for my Citrus Wassail. Here's some pictures that made me smile and gave me memories.
The last par of my post tonight is a yummy fall recipe I stumbled across.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
1. Last movie you saw in the theater? Prince Caspian or Indiana Jones.
2. What book are you reading? Sin in the Second City- It's about the establishment of the brothel on Dearborne street in Chicago, it was about changing the tawdriness of things, reinventing a steortype.
3.Favorite Board Game? Rumicube witrh my brothers, when Kelton isn't being annoying.
4. Favorite Magazine? Real Simple.
5. Favorite Smells? ocean, shampoo smell in clean kids hair, bleached linens, linen spray, cut grass, lilacs, spearmint.
6. Favorite Sounds? ocean, rain, creeks, Sydney.
7. Worst feeling in the world? heartbreak.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake? 5 more minutes?
9. Favorite fast food place? Arby's?
10. Future child's name? Landynn, after my brother Kevin Landon but used for a girl. He has no choice.
11. If I had a lot of money I'd... go see all my friends and family, go on a real vacation, spend a month on the coast, finding myself and reading all my books I haven't gotten to.
12. Do you drive fast? If I can, I do.
13. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? He sits on my chair.
14. Storms cool or scary. Cool.
15. What was your first car? The Pimp mobile, 83 Mercury Marquis. The white boat.
16. Favorite Drink? Dr Pepper, Tomato juice, watermelon slushies.
17. Finish this statement, if I had the time I would... spend everyday making a difference in someone else's life, however that happened to be.
18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli. Yes.
19. If you could dye your hair any other color, what would be your choice? mmmm. Mandy Moore brown?
20. Name all the different cities you have lived in? Elizabethtown, kentucky, the dalles OR, Marysville WA, Portland OR, Rexburg ID.
21. Favorite sports to watch? Baseball
22. What’s under your bed? winter storage
23. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you? Very few times in life do you find someone that truly understands you, or seeks to truly understand you, those are the friends to hold onto.
24. Would you like to be born as yourself again? Yeah, I haven't messed it up too bad yet.
25. Over easy or sunny side up? Over easy
26. Morning person or night owl? Morning, depending on where I am.
27. Favorite place to relax? Beach
28. Favorite Pie? Cherry, or eggnog
29. Favorite ice cream flavor? vanilla, if forced. I don't really like icecream.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Best Banana Bread ~Shar's
1¼ hours 8 min prep
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, finely crushed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs (I don't beat them first) and crushed bananas.
Fact: I own more than 30 pairs of shoes.
Once upon a time there was a girl living far from home and her family. Her summer vacation (a few months long) was to begin soon. Her family came to escourt her home. When arriving, the terrible mother of the girl (who really isn't terrible at all) gave the girl a shoe ration. The girl's hopes and dreams were dashed (though not really) when she was told that she could only carry a limited amount of her finest foot apparel home with her. Now, do not dismay for this girl has two very lovely and underestanding siblings. These siblings came to the young princess's rescue and without her knowledge smuggled a few of the precious gems in their own luggage. They had fought victoriously in the girls honor and against the evil (but not really evil) mother. The girl and her two siblings rejoiced in the shared victory and the girls feet were clad gloriously throughout the coming months... AND yes, my brothers are awesome.
Shoes from Cape Scott on Northern Vancouver Island
"Photo of Payless shoes. The shoe tree on Northern Vancouver Island is a landmark. People which made the trail to Cape Scott in Cape Scott Provincial Park hang there shoes afterwards on the Shoe Tree."~Pretty much amazing if you ask me, that's a big pile of shoes!
Here's another shoe picture. This ones more melancholy and if you allow it to will stir some emotions.These are Shoes and prostheses found at Auschwitz Concentration camp, shoes and articles that were collected by the Nazi's during the Holocaust. Now it has become a tearful memorial of people past and souls lost due to ignorance and blind hearts.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
"'Words do not convey meanings; they call them forth.' I speak out of the context of my experience, and you listen out of the context of yours, and that is why communication is difficult." --David O. McKay
Where I wish I was right this very minute.
The Oregon coast is one of my favorite places ever. Someday I would like to end up there. Plus, its closer to home but doesn't get as hot!